Oncology Venture Sweden AB: Oncology Venture Sweden AB announces start of subscription period of the rights issue
Today, on January 11th, 2018, the subscription period in Oncology Venture Sweden AB's ("Oncology Venture") rights issue, starts. The rights issue is also open to the public. The subscription period ends on January 25th, 2018. Fully subscribed rights issue provides Oncology Venture approximately SEK 44.7 million before issuing costs. Beforehand, the company has agreed on subscription commitments amounting to approximately SEK 16.0 million, which equals about 36 % of the rights issue's total volume and subscription guarantees amounting to approximately SEK 20.9 million, which equals about 43 % of the rights issue's total volume. The company has thus written agreed on approximately 83 % of the rights issue through subscription commitments and subscription guarantees. The subscription guarantees are agreed top-down, meaning that if the rights issue is not fully subscribed, subscription guarantees are, at the most, activated until the highest agreed amount. Prospectus, teaser and subscription form are available on the websites of the company (www.oncologyventure.com), AktieTorget (www.aktietorget.se) and Sedermera Fondkommission (www.sedermera.se).
Motive for the rights issue
The work with Oncology Venture's pipeline is proceeding according to plan. In addition, Oncology Venture has formed two spin-out companies: 2X Oncology and OV-SPV2. Oncology Venture is positioned in an intense period with several significant activities underway and now has the opportunity to, in a focused way, increase the pace of its business operations even further, whereby the Company will need additional capital. The company therefore implements a new share issue of approx. SEK 44.7 million (before issuance costs of approx. SEK 3.9 million). Net proceeds in the current offer amounts to approx. SEK 40.8 million. The capital which is injected is intended to be used, in addition to function as working capital, primarily to conduct planned clinical trials with existing in-licensed drug candidates. In addition, an opportunity to increase the ownership of the TKI product from Novartis from 40% to 75% has recently arisen. Depending upon the conditions established by the Board of Directors, the possibility exists that a certain portion of the proceeds from the issuance of shares will be used to finance an increased ownership of the TKI inhibitor. If the ongoing DRP analysis of the biopsies from Novartis TKI inhibitor shows positive results, Oncology Venture will also use certain proceeds from the issuance of shares in order to prepare an End-of-Phase 2 meeting with the FDA, which includes the preparation of all the requisite documentation. In addition, the proceeds from the issuance of shares is intended to build up a financial buffer for positive results relating to, for instance, the 2X-121 and TKI products.
Summary of the offering
· Subscription Period: January 11th, 2018 - January 25th, 2018.
· Issue price: SEK 16.30 per share.
· Volume of Issuance: Oncology Venture is hereby conducting a rights issue of 44,745,830.90 SEK, comprising a maximum 2,745,143 shares. The rights issue is also open to the public.
· Record Date and Preferential rights: Last day of trading in Oncology Ventures stock shares including the right to receive subscription rights was January 5th, 2018 and the first day of trading excluding the right to receive subscription rights was January 8th, 2018. The record date was January 9th, 2018. Each currently held stock share qualifies for one (1) subscription right. Possession of four (4) subscription rights entitle to subscription of one (1) new share.
· Subscription commitments and guarantee commitments: Oncology Venture has received subscription commitments of approximately 16.0 million SEK, which equals around 36 % of issue volume and guarantee subscriptions of 20.9 million SEK, which equals around 47 % of issue volume. Thus, in total the company has agreed on approximately 83 % of the issue volume through subscription commitments and guarantee commitments.
· Number of shares before the rights issue: 10,980,573 shares.
· Valuation (pre-money): Approximately SEK 179 million.
· Trading in subscription rights: Trading in subscription rights will be done at AktieTorget during the time period January 11th, 2018 - January 23rd, 2018.
· Trading in BTA: Trading in BTAs (paid subscription share) will take place on AktieTorget from January 11th, 2018 until Bolagsverket (the Swedish Company Registration Office) has registered the new rights issue. This registration is expected to take place in mid-February 2018.
Sedermera Fondkommission is the financial advisor to Oncology Venture in connection with the planned rights issue.
For questions concerning the rights issue, please contact:
Telephone: +46 (0) 40-615 14 10
For further information, please contact
Ulla Hald Buhl, Or Peter Buhl Jensen,
COO andChief IR & Communications CEO
Mobile: +45 2170 1049 Mobile: +45 21 60 89 22
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail: email@example.com
About Oncology Venture Sweden AB
Oncology Venture Sweden AB is engaged in the research and development of anti-cancer drugs via its wholly owned Danish subsidiary Oncology Venture ApS. Oncology Venture has a license to use Drug Response Prediction - DRP® - in order to significantly increase the probability of success in clinical trials. DRP® has proven its ability to provide a statistically significant prediction of clinical outcomes from drug treatment in cancer patients in 29 of the 37 clinical studies that were examined. The Company uses a model that alters the odds in comparison with traditional pharmaceutical development. Instead of treating all patients with a particular type of cancer, patients' tumors genes are screened first and only those who are most likely to respond to the treatment will be treated. Via a more well-defined patient group, the risk and costs are reduced while the development process becomes more efficient.
The current product portfolio: LiPlaCis® for Breast Cancer in collaboration with Cadila Pharmaceuticals, Irofulven developed from a fungus for prostate cancer and APO010 - an immuno-oncology product for Multiple Myeloma.
Oncology Venture has spun out two companies in Special Purpose Vehicles: 2X Oncology Inc. a US based company focusing on Precision medicine for women's cancers with a pipeline of three promising phase 2 product candidates. OV-SPV 2 is a Danish company that shall test and potentially develop an oral phase 2 Tyrosine Kinase inhibitor. Oncology Venture currently holds 92 percent of the shares in 2X Oncology Inc. and 40 percent of the shares in OV-SPV 2.